~Memorial Day Weekend!~

Hello all my lovelies out there! I hope you all had a lovely weekend,
and for my American readers out there this post is for you!

Memorial Weekend:
Most people think of this weekend as:
*3 day weekend (wooo hoooo!)*
*BBQ's*
*Camping trips/road trips*
*Shopping Sales, sweeet!*

What people forget:
The true reason we observe Memorial Day
(full article and info from here)

To remember all of our fallen troops, from the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.

To celebrate the lives and sacrifice of the men who fought and died for our country, and for us.

Why this day hits home for me:

*My brother served 2 tours in Iraq right after September 11th, 2001. I remember watching the news and hearing about the number of troops being killed, and hoping and praying it wasn't my big bro.  He has served his time and is safe home, thank goodness! But some of his close friends didn't make it.

*My grandfather was in the Army during WWII.  He survived the war as well, but as we know so many men were not able to return home.

Not trying to get all serious and gloomy, but I just wanted to remind everyone what today is for.  Sometimes we get so caught up in the fun camping, bbq's, etc and forget.

Something I didn't even know about:

"To help re-educate and remind Americans of the true meaning of Memorial Day, the "National Moment of Remembrance" resolution was passed on Dec 2000 which asks that at 3 p.m. local time, for all Americans "To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence"


Let's be proud of the men who have fought for our rights and freedoms, and at 3:00 p.m. today stop for a few moments and pay our respects and think about this huge sacrifice.

Ok now that I got that out
enjoy your day off!!!
What did you do on your long weekend?

We:
Went to Emerald Downs (horse races) for my father in laws birthday

Breakfast with my girlies Annie and Melissa to talk flowers for Melissa's upcoming wedding!

Shopping shopping shopping getting some fun clothes with my birthday moolah for our trip, I will do a full post on this later, maybe tomorrow!

Watched movies and chillaxed with the hubby (which we haven't been able to do for a few busy weeks!)

Gym! Yup hit that hard a few days in a row . . . bikini body?!
Far from but that's my goal . . . soon!
Can't wait to hear about your weekend!
Also please remember what our Memorial Day means in America!
(and for all of you worldwide blog buddies have a great Monday!)