Tunes for your Tuesday . . . Jack Johnson style

One of my favorite songs by Jack Johnson, so sweet!
So I know it's just the lyrics and not an actual video, but it's so cute I had to share:-)

Angel by Jack Johnson



For our wedding, my hubby made a cd of our fave love songs, and this was one of them . . . still makes me smile when I hear it!

So as most of my fabulous readers know,
we had our 2 year anniversary last week.
Last week I was asking you all for your relationship advice to share with all of us . . .
 just curious to see what people say on how to "keep the fire" for years and years. 
Although marriage is easy when you have a great "mate", I know it can take work at times.
Understanding
Sacrifice
Giving in
Saying Sorry
Sincerity
I wanted to share the fabulous thoughts that some of my readers shared,
and
please add your own lovey-dovey advice.

~Diana~ said: "We usually try to take a trip....and make it very special:)"


~Nikosmommy~ "Marriage isn't totally hard (in my opinion) but it does take extra effort during the tough times (when life gets tricky) and of course it's challenging after you have kids!! They (kids) can take over your world and you can forget who you are as part of a couple."

~Lila~ "Last anniversary my husband was working in Vegas. He flew me out there and had a box of chocolates on the hotel bed. Then he surprised me with an awesome dinner and took me to The Phantom of the Opera. It was romantic and lovely!"


~Aislinn~ "The key is to listen to each other and sometimes taking a walk in the middle of a fight cools everybody down. Also doing something small just because, is great!"

~Debby~ "My best advice... compromise and agree to disagree and laugh as much as you can!"

~Heather~ "Love and laughter and respect and appreciation seem to be some key ingredients."

~It's Simple Love~ "keep no secrets from each other! And be selfless"

~Marie~ "Communication and being the best of friends"

~Miss Caitlin S~ "we usually just cook together over wine with more kisses than usual"

~What great ideas and thoughts . . .Thank you all!!!~

I'll leave you with some thoughtful quotes about marriage . . .
"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ~Rita Rudner
(hee hee)

 
"Chains do not hold a marriage together.  It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years."  ~Simone Signoret

"Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate."  ~Barnett R. Brickner

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."  ~Mignon McLaughlin

"Don't smother each other.  No one can grow in shade."  ~Leo Buscaglia

Any more advice you'd like to share?
What makes your relationship work?
Happy Happy Tuesday . . . enjoy!