My very own fitness challenge

So.  Some background about my "fitness". 

I have always been somewhat active. 

Back in school days (wayyy back in the day!) I was always playing sports year round.  I grew up as the skinny girl and could eat anything at all, no worries.  I think at lunches I ate pizza and fries (ewww yuck! Talk about healthy eating.  Now I'm a nut about it) with out a care in the world.

Then I stopped playing so many sports b/c I went through a phase that I was "too cool". Weirdo! Ha ha

So when I started going to college I was still in pretty good shape.  I've always had a gym membership since I was like 16.  BUT we all know that as we get older our metabolism slows. . . and it's not just over night, it's gradually. 

Like a thief in the night it snuck up on me.  I'm like 5'8.5" (yup gotta count every little bit! I used to round up but now I've come to terms:-).  I think over 4 years of college I had put on almost TWENTY pounds.  I wasn't fat at all, I didn't even notice any difference.  My jeans sure did!
eww


Sooo there's a happy ending!

Funny how things work out.  During that time, I was:

1)A little unhappy
2)In not-so-good relationships
3)Digging myslef deeper into debt
4)Going through the hard journey of finding myself
and
5)Working full time WHILE taking a full load of college courses at UW.

 We all know life can get hard at times, but it took a toll on my body.  Cramming for exams all night with coffee and sugar to keep me up.  No time (or $) to make healthy choices . . . or so I thought.

So . . . one day I decided to change things around.  I was unhappy in my bad relationship and decided I wanted more.  I joined with several ladies at the office in a "detox".  It worked GREAT! Not one of those dumb diets that you starve, and then gain it all back.  This detox jump-started my system. I lost 8 lbs the first 2 weeks.  Wooo hoo! So I continued for 2 more weeks, and then went back to a normal diet(with more healthy choices).  It taught me self control and some other important helpful diet pointers.

NEXT: I met Andy


Seriously like a month after my detox.  I swear that first 6 months of us dating flew by, I was on cloud 9.  It's funny how when you're happy; you don't need that extra serving of ice cream,  you don't need to snack while you're bored, you are more motivated to work out.  Hmmm funny.

So since then (geez it's been 2.5 years) I've dropped most of my fatty weight and have been back down to how I was in high school, you know like 9 years ago! Lol

Sooo yes I'm on the slender side, from super healthy diet choices, BUT I have this muffin top that I can't shake for the life of me!

THE GOAL
I took my measurements Sunday. My goal is . . . not to lose any weight . . . but to lose inches around my belly button.  To tone up. I hide it well so everyone thinks I am crazy, but come bathing suit season I finally want to be comfortable and not cover up my mid-section.  I am ready to be in the best shape of my life! Before we have babies I want to finally have that! Soo my motivation:

A NEW OUTFIT


May be an expensive outfit (for me) BUT I'll deserve it once I get there!!!


I'll keep ya'll posted. 
Ready.
Set.
Go!!!